Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Why Romney Gives Me the Creeps (again)

I sometimes wonder why it is that Mitt Romney gives me the creeps, seeing as how (I have to concede), of all the major Republican candidates, he might make the least calamitous President. Still there's something about him that makes me feel like Bill Murray in Ghostbusters when he says (I quote from memory) "I think he just slimed me."

But maybe this is a reason:
[Romney] never granted a single pardon in his four years in office, a fact he is enormously proud of today and repeatedly raises in his speeches.
Read the whole story and tell me if I'm not right (link).

Afterthought: Be sure to punch through to the original Roger Simon story, to understand the kind of case in which Romney thinks a pardon might be okay (link).

No comments: