Friday, November 27, 2009

Two Reading Lists

Here's my newly-updated "recommended background" list for my basic finance students. It's long enough already, though it doesn't include the best finance book I read this year. Nor, come to think of it, any number of excellent finance books that I've enjoyed and learned from. I suppose this whole enterprise is just an exercise in self-indulgence; I can't imagine that even the most conscientious student has time and intellectual energy necessary to go shooting down these raholes.

Also, here's the list I offered up last spring for my bankruptcy students. Not sure whether I need to update this year. Possible candidates: Retsinas and Belsky, eds. Borrowing to Live: Consumer and Mortgage Credit Revsited (2008); Niemi, Ramsay and Whitford, eds., Consumer Credit, Debt and Bankruptcy (2009); Whitman and Diz, Distress Investing: Principles and Techniques (2009).

No comments: