Sunday, October 01, 2006

Peering Over Rami's Wall

Sometimes I write about Sweden (economics) and I’m getting set for a trip to Jordan (Roman ruins), so naturally I was intrigued to find this link to the weblog of a young Jordanian living in Sweden:

I do miss the desert, the dry weather, the beautiful scenery, the magical starry night skies, petra, dana, aqaba, the woods in ajlun, taking a walk in old amman, cruising down the king's highway, camping in wadi rum, escaping to dahab/sharm, how amman looks like its candle lit at night, the breeze in the evening moving the olive trees... But, dear mother, please understand there's a whole wide world to explore. I've been travelling in 32 countries and lived in 3 continents and I dont feel like settling down yet, I think its the nomad genes I have from my father's side, topped with the stubbornness of circassians that you passed on to me.

I have too much to brag about living in Jordan, but on the other hand, I have alot more to enjoy and experience in Sweden, where people are very civilised, very peaceful, very simple, and very open-minded and the nature is breath-takingly picturestic everywhere you look.

"Picturestic" is good, we need that. Sounds like a decent kid. I wish him well.


1 comment:

Rami said...

Thank you so much for your kind words, I hope you enjoyed the Roman ruins!!!