Saturday, March 24, 2007

More Advice

Since I've declared myself an expert on advice (link), I might as well aggravate the offense with this (link) (h/t Kottke). Samples:
1. The badness of a movie is directly proportional to the number of helicopters in it.

[Perhaps corollary to the rule that if a movie has more than two big stars, they couldn't afford to pay for a script.]

9. The main accomplishment of almost all organized protests is to annoy people who are not in them.

[True enough; but isn't that also the purpose of a good many organized protests?]

12. A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter/janitor, is not a nice person.

[That's a longtime favorite of mine, which I freely credit to Samuel Johnson, though I can't find a citation & am very likely making things up.]

No comments: