Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Dick Morris, Call Your Publisher

I wonder how soon we will be hearing from all the pundits who have been assuring us these pat several years that Hillary had a lock on it because nobody could touch her in the money race. Oh, wait...

Afterthought: Actually, I still think Obama is an empty suit--putting me more or less in the same camp with Rep. Charles Rangel (D. NY), who told Tim Russert on Sunday that he (Rangel) had encouraged Obama to run, but that he (Rangel) was sticking with "my Senator." I've been reading Rick Perlstein's riveting Before the Storm, about the Goldwater fiasco in 1964. Right now it's spring, 1964: I'm watching President Rockefeller, President Scranton, President Lodge and President (George) Romney as they strive for the honor of saving the Republic(ans) from the depradations of the Arizona cowboy. I'm still betting the Repubs wind up with Mike Huckabee and for the right odds, I'd even take a flutter for the Democrats with Bill Richardson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that the best you can do? A FLUTTER" for the best candidate in the race by a country mile (if you excuse the expression) What I mean is "no comparison".