Monday, April 16, 2007

I Think I've Read Three of These

So far as I can tell, I have read three of these. And Da Vinci Code is not one of them.

Followup: Okay, let me see. Angela's Ashes (kids gave me to it for Christmas--good fun). Unbearable Lightness of Being (loved it. And FWIW, the film version is on of the best up-market blue movies ever made--my, the things you can do with a bowler hat). Love in a Time of Cholera: (iked it, but I like other Garcia Marquez better).

I have enjoyed other stuff by authors on the list: Cormac McCarthy's Suttree. Anthony Beevor (with Artemis Cooper), Paris after the Liberation. The Iain Pears mystery novels. I started Donna Tartt, Secret History, but when I read that the beginning Greek students were reading Aeschylus, I knew she couldn't be trusted. I may have read Hawksmoor. I read something by Peter Ackroyd that was sufficiently weird that I can't remember what it was.

1 comment:

Adrian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.