Friday, June 29, 2007

Romney Creepiness Watch--Again

Maybe the dog will get an hour on Larry King. Meanwhile, there’s no way I can top the story of Romney lashing his dog to the roof, but it does make me remember the story of Angus who was showing a visitor around his little town in Scotland.

“You see that house?” said Angus. “I built that house. Designed it and built it myself. Selected the timber, cut it all to fit, set in the insulation, tapped down the shingles on the roof. Tightest house in town. In fact I built all the houses in this town. Every one snug. But do they call me Angus the house builder? They do not.

“And you see this fine stone wall? I built this wall. I clawed the stones out of the dirt; I rolled them downhill and uphill again, and I rolled them into place, and I tamped in the mortar. Look around you, miles around. All my walls. Best walls you can imagine. But do they call me Angus the wall builder? Ah, no…”

[Portentous pause.]

“BUT IF YOU **** JUST ONE SHEEP!—“

Romney the dog lasher. Hee.

No comments: