Saturday, June 23, 2007

Ron Paul, Authoritarian

I'm glad Morbo got around to doing the work I was too lazy to do (link), demonstrating that "libertarian" Ron Paul has--well, has the same authoritarian tendencies most active, political libertarians turn out to have. Libertarianism is almost universally attractive at first look, even though it turns out to be incoherent on careful scrutiny. But the practical fact is, most people active in politics who call themselves "libertarians" turn out to want life pretty much as it is, only without National Public Radio. Still might be amusing to get him into the Democratic debates, though (link).

Fn. Yes, I know NPR doesn't get much public money; that's part of my point.

1 comment:

Bret Moore said...

I would ask, who's the other option? Because say what you like about the guy, and sure he has his ideological faults, but there is not a single other person I can think of with any sort of chance to stick to their damn word. Kucinich and Gravel? Just more big-government turkeys.

Ron Paul is spreading the message, and while he may not be the perfect messenger, he's the best one we've got. He deserves support.