Sunday, August 19, 2007

Things I Never Would Have Known
Had I Not Read the Airline Magazine

We came home from Maine Saturday by way of Southwest from Manchester NH via Las Vegas. That's a diagonal, and counting down time to fix a gummy tire, that was the longest time I've spent in a tin can on a domestic flight since, oh since I came back from Maine via Portland ME 10 years ago (I begin to descry a pattern here). I made a lot of progress on a big gnarly book, but here is some stuff I never would have learned had I not strayed to the onboard magazine:
  • You (well--"somebody") can make $200,000 a year playing fantasy football. I assume Brian whats-his-name will shortly give us all a chance to play fantasy law prof. Or maybe he has already?

  • At least two dentists find it worth their while to take out full-page ads for their cosmetic dentistry practice. Dental tourism in Houston?

No comments: