Thursday, August 09, 2007

Uh Oh

This does not make me happy:

You Are 84% Feminist


You are a total feminist. This doesn't mean you're a man hater (in fact, you may be a man).

You just think that men and women should be treated equally. It's a simple idea but somehow complicated for the world to put into action.

So, I am only three points less feminist than Matt Yglesias. Matt slyly suggests he might be a hypocrite; me, I just want a recount: I don't think I am nearly as feminist as this chart seems to suggest (I felt the same way about the "liberalism" test last year). I think these issues are far more ideoligized and coarsened than is good for us (though less, I concede, than a few years ago), and that there are lots of complications we have barely begun to acknowlege. But I guess that when the chips are down, I am still a wuss.

I see there are a whole bunch of other blogthings at the blogthings website (link), aka "cool things to put on your blog." But oddly, most of them seem directed at women. At the risk of sounding unfeminist, isn't this a distortion? I know there are female bloggists (Blogettes! Let's hear it for the ladies!). But surely the vast majority are men? I confess I would, however, like to take a shot at this one.

No comments: