Friday, December 07, 2007

Arrgh ...

We've been in consumer services hell since we got up this morning and found a phone (and DSL) line dead. Meanwhile I had chosen today to try to straighten out some loose ends with my Fidelity account. Big mistake. I'll spare you the gory details but I suggest this: seems to me that Fidelity took over a huge book of business from the U of California a couple of years back, figuring they would learn how to service it later. Well, later is a long way away and the right hand still doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I must say that for consumer service, I'll take Vanguard six ways to the jack. Hmm, now that I think of it. ...

In a fit of self-flagellation I then decided to untangle some hassles with our Amex accounts. Seems that Amex can't get its mind round the fact that we have two... People! Is it that hard?

Let's see, what next? Maybe a good day to donate a kidney ...

No comments: