Monday, January 21, 2008

Be Still My Soul

GOK why but it occurred to me this morning that I could collar one of those dozen or so Russian spams and run it through Google translator. Turns out to be an ad for training in telemarketing:

...to acquaint you with the peculiarities of telephone sales and negotiations. Teach the methods and techniques telemarketing. All of this takes place in the unforgettable warm, friendly, while working environment that will allow you to hold most profitably this time, having received the necessary knowledge, skills, positive emotions.

All this for 5,000 Rubles, which figures to be about $200. Telemarketing training by Russian spammers in an "unforgettable warm, friendly, while working environment." Be still my soul.

Update: My friend Margaret takes it up a notch:


No comments: