Wednesday, January 16, 2008

In Which I Flog Some Product

Buce groupies will know that my other avatar is as a teacher and sometimes practitioner of bankruptcy law. In this role, I am the co-author, inter alia, of Chapter 11-101: The Nuts and Bolts of Chapter 11 Practice: a primer. When I say "co-author," I mean "arm candy." The driving force behind this project is my friend and former student, Jonathan P. Friedland, a partner in SchiffHardin LLP in Chicago, together with the able and energetic participation of Michael J. Bernstein (Arnold & Porter, Washington) and George Kuney (U of Tennessee, Knoxville). It's meant to be a hands-on desk book for Chapter 11 lawyers.

This blog drifts pretty far away from issues of bankruptcy most of the time, but Friedland doesn't see this as a reason why I can't flog the book here, and neither do I, so consider it flogged: it's an exemplary product, if I do say so myself, and I'm proud to be associated with it. Buy it here.

11-101
should not be confused with Bankruptcy in Practice, which Mike Bernstein and I have now shepherded through four editions. It's a narrative account more than a practice handook, designed, as we say, for the young business lawyer who forgot to take a course in bankruptcy in law school. Buy it here. Enjoy, and if they ever make a Chapter 11 movie, we ought to be able to celebrate.

No comments: