Friday, February 01, 2008

On Not Rounding Up
The Usual Suspects

I resisted blogging on this, but I now remark on the fact that the skinny blonde lady has said she might even support Hillary. And the fact that the fat guy with the cigar fetish is throwing his considerable weight into the balance against McCain.

At first glance, I admit I am baffled by this. Do these guys really think McCain will lose? Do they really want a President who does not have to kowtow to them? I really do not get it.

But let it be. On second thought, I recall that Barack Obama, for his part, has made it this far almost entirely without needing to cozy up to the traditional black leadership (link).

It’s something to consider. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could go into the election season assured that neither Ann Coulter, nor Rush Limbaugh, nor Al Sharpton, nor Jesse Jackson—that none of them would have the secret handshake?

Of course in an Obama administration we would have this lady as Secretary of Cool.

No comments: