Friday, February 15, 2008

A Valentine Puzzle

From my favorite online seller, I ordered up some nice music on DVD to give to Mrs. B on Valentine's Day. Being an impulse shopper, I also checked the box to send some books from my wish list.

February 14 comes. The books arrived, but no music. So I had to ask my colleagues for advice. For V day, do I give my wife
  • The Bottom Billion: Why the Poorest Countries are Failing and What Can Be Done About It
  • Good Capitalism, Bad Capitalism, and the Economics of Growth and Prosperity
  • One Economics, Many Recipes: Globalization, Institutions, and Economic Goals
The unanimous verdict: oh, give them all; let her choose.

Sadly, late in the day the music showed up. So I'll never know...

2 comments:

The New York Crank said...

Tch tch tch, Buce! Books? Books??? Where's your romantic instinct, fella?

Run out quick and buy flowers, chocolate and champagne. Take her to that elegant, outrageously expensive and charming little five-star...

Oh sorry, I forgot where you live.

Crankily,
The New York Crank

Taxmom said...

Better than my lame valentine's attempt for SGH: Trying at 9:30 PM to purchase by download (for the first time ever) a CD of his liking from Amazon dot com. His valentine take-away? A wife teary with frustration and half an hour on line with Amazon tech support to make his present happen.