Saturday, June 07, 2008

Something I Never Heard About Until Yesterday:
Ice Road Truckers

That's Ice Road Truckers. My friend Ignoto thinks it is kinda cool. I had never heard of it. After reading the Wiki, I was ready to declare it the male response to "Sex and the City." But a brief survey of my more manly buddies (probably not all that manly, but hey) backs me off: that they know little or nothing about it. UB's Kansas bureau, who does watch the History Channel, probably has it pegged:

I’ve seen the program; it seems like smoking: a socially acceptable form of suicide but quicker. It is sort of reminiscent of the ice road that the soviets used to supply Leningrad during the siege in WWII.

"Sex and the City Part LXVI: The Fab Four meet the Ice Road Truckers." I can hardly wait.

Fn.:Kansas adds:

Instead of ice road truckers, watch the crab fishermen thing on the same channel. Cold, wet, seasick and pulling muscles. Great fun. Not much plot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The crab fishing show is "Deadliest Catch" and I love it because it makes my own job seem so much better. Ditto for "Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe" on Discovery.

I guess misery loves a little shadenfreude more than company, eh?

Isuzu Trucks said...

It is very good and your correct a male version of sex in the city.