Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Coming Soon: The Underbelly Book Fair

Coming soon, folks--we're almost ready for the rollout of the great Underbelly Book Fair (my fingers itch to type 'Faire'). Here's the deal: I asked 10-20,000 of my best friends (perhaps including you, dear reader) to suggest a title that you'd like to encourage folks to read--along with a brief review or précis, as they thought fit.

I got a gratifying reponse, and I've got a compelling file of suggested entries in the warm-up circle ready to go--highbrow, lowbrow, one that may be a joke; one recommender recommended his own book, which suits me just fine. A few other folks are playing with me, but I think I can tease them along. BTW if you got the original mailing and haven't yet responded, it is not too late. If you did not get the original e-mail, don't be dismayed: feel free to enter your suggetion in the comments or email me on your own (yes, I know, my email address is not listed on this blog, but I suspect a 20-second Google search will blow my cover).

No comments: