Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cherie Blair on C-Span

Yes, we all have better things to do (I was multitasking from the exerbike) but if you want a time-out, catch a look at Diane Rhem's interview with Cherie Blair on C-Span. Here's a link that looks stable. I have no idea who Barbara Ellen is and why she might be unhappy, but I found it touching but also instructive--worthwhile insights about the changing nature of Britain and the demands of Downing Street. With, of course, a funny story about how that last little Blair came to the planet. I admit, I am one who had previously--unthinkingly, accepting the verdict of the tabloid press?--dismissed her as nutter. Not fair at all, it seems.

Undocumented extra: I mean this as a compliment honest--Cherie offers the added advantage that you sometimes get in British public people (and British actors)--she does not look the conoction of the febrile imagination of some deranged fashionista. You can imagine her plugging in her own blow-drier. I like that in a woman.

Footnote: Oh that Barbara Ellen. Looks like as a student of Blairology, I am a total fizzle. But I stick to my guns.

No comments: