Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dream

Hilzoy, following Brad DeLong, invites dreams:
Question: do you have odd dreams inspired by your professional lives? If so, what are they?
Link. Well yes, thanks for askin', I think I can accommodate here. I had one about 40 years ago which, for clarity and economy, seems to me to belong in the first tier.

Anyway, I'm in this crappy night-school classroom at the University of Louisville--one with unwashed high walls and those little move-around desk chairs. I receive the exam paper. It is full--I mean, we're talkin' full, top to bottom and border to border--with a script I don't recognize. Well, might be Cyrillic, but big deal, I don't understand Russian anyway.

So I'm trying to figure out what to do with all this when down in the bottom right-hand corner, I chance to notice just one word that I understand. The word is:

Discuss

I'm toast, I thought. I'm cooked. Done. Over. Outa here, bye.

No comments: