Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Hey, I Never Thought of That!

One-liner of the day (from Above the Law):
Trying to shut down internet access in class is the modern day equivalent to stapling somebody's eyes open...
Link. For the record, I've had a student in class sing out "That's not what Wiki says~"--and be correct--correct about Wiki, and correct about the underlying substance. It's an exhilarating experience, but it strikes me as entirely fair game, and probably adds to the excitement. FWIW, I have been known to watch other people's lectures on YouTube--Mark Thoma has some good, straightforward stuff. The occasion is piled high with difficulties, as another wise man said, and we must rise to the occasion.

Afterthought: The student with Wiki got a respectable but entirely middling grade. Blind grading, I swear.

No comments: