Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Is It Still in Good Condition?

Kieran Hardy has the story of the guy in the divorce case who wants his wife to give back the kidney. Brings back my own treacherous journey through Splitsville when I realized that my soon-to-be-ex would continue to use what we then, somewhat retrogressively, called "her married name." For a nanosecond I entertained the notion of demanding that she render my good name back to me, but wiser heads (including my own) prevailed. I guess it also harkens back to:

If you are not satisfied, return the unused portion of our product
And we will return thre unused portion of your money.

For auditing purposes, I can report that my ex apparently continues to use the by-now-established monicker ("trade on my prestige and reputation" I will of course not say). My current wife, by contrast, has never shown the slightest interest in it.

No comments: