Monday, May 11, 2009

And You Save on Postage, Too...

My friend Larry writes for money. So from time to time, he gets hits from readers who want him to write for free. Here's one from Dave that popped up in the weekend email:
hello mr. block, I'm a sophomore at xxx. My class is doing a project on the books they picked to read. My book was Hitman, by you of course. I have to answer seven questions about you so here they are;
1. How long have you been writing?
2. How did you sell your first book?
3. Do you ever write with other people?
4. Do you work at home?
5. Do your friends help you write?
6. Have you made any friends by being a writer?
7. Rate your job honestly from 1 to 10.
Thank you for your time and if you don't write back I can understand.

Thank you again.
Always happy to lend a hand to budding talent, Larry responds:
Dave, here's a suggestion which will simplify your life and mine, and at the
same time help prepare you to write fiction:

Make up the answers yourself.

Cheers,

Lawrence Block

No comments: