My friend Linda says that Mark Sanford is really lucky that Michael Jackson died. And Mrs. B adds that Farah Fawctt Major must be stamping her foot.
I read somewhere that one reason why Kissinger and Nixon wanted the opening to China was to distract attention from the fact that they'd just lost a war.
Update: My friend
Joel John (oops, pardon!) says we are wrong about Farah. In fact, he says, she was lucky two ways--she was released from dreadful suffering, and she doesn't have to put up with all the Jackson hype.
And (according to my hubby), the tweets from Iran yesterday called Jackson's death a great gift to Ahmadinejad's regime. Sure enough, it knocked Iran off the "Trending Topics" lists. It certainly has knocked it off (or at least down) on the news sites I check when I get up in the morning, including the BBC.
ReplyDelete