Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Who Knows What Evil Lurks in the Hearts of Men?

I once had a roommate who had about 300 pipes. There were four of us in the apartment; the other three of us started stealing one pipe a day. I think we got down to about 150 before he noticed. But we never tried this:

A few years back I was between jobs and took a job that was just me and my boss. There was no fun in her, but I managed to stick it out until I found other employment. I had to have some fun and as she liked 2 sugars in her tea it got me to wondering how much sugar could a person take in one cup of tea and not notice.

I increased her sugar intake by one spoon at a time and generally left a couple of days in between changes. I kept going until I was bored. I guess part of me wanted her to notice, but she never did. Not even the amount of sugar we were getting through. Anyway, I eventually got her up to 23 spoons of sugar in a cup of tea – yeah, 23! She never said a word and always finished the cup.

The oddest part was, when I got bored and stopped I returned her to 2 spoons over night and she didn’t say a thing. It set me to wondering what our threshold for sweetness was and did 3 spoons of sugar actually taste no different to 23?

Link via link.

Afterthought: Steve Levitt says blame it on the government.

No comments: