Saturday, November 28, 2009

Fom FAI to PAB (To Others, and Oneself)

William Brafford traces the tractory of blog-reading from FAI (fresh and interesting) to PAB (predictable and boring). It's true: I've got a fair number of blogs in my aggregator that I really haven't looked at in months. Time to flush them out, to save oxygen for the newer and healthier specimens.

Since his crowd has linked to me a couple of times lately, I hope I can infer that for the moment I remain in FAI. En route to the inevitable decline, however, I can suggest a further possibility. I.e., there is a time when one gets PAB to oneself. I've been at this --what? Three, going on three and a half, years so far. I think I've noticed some of my nearest and dearest as they quietly tiptoe out of the room. And the thing is, I can hardly blame them. I recognize that there are some, ahem, recurrent themes here, and that as time goes on, they will only become increasingly apparent, and increasingly, thuddingly, you-know-what.

No comments: