Thursday, November 26, 2009

Francine Got This One Right

Gracian says one should always be more alert to what fate has granated than what it has denied. My friend Francine is a high-rent law professor but for the moment, she is sojourning in San Francisco's Tenderloin:
[I] love living in the Tenderloin. It allows one to appreciate the simple things in life (e.g., shelter, food, mental health, good health care coverage and family support and love). We are so fortunate ...
There's a girl who has a knack for knowing when she's well off, which is a gift all its own.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Prof Ayer for the shout-out! I also know how fortunate I was to attend King Hall School of Law (effectively for free) where I remember thinking about Brealey & Meyers from a very different perspective. Corporate finance should be a required course in law school...