Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Spam Update

Apologies and thanks for your patience to all those of you who have put up with the spam postings here over the last 36 hrs. I've reported it to Google; I posted a cry for help at the Google blog help forum--so far nothing. I've been thinking that the easiest way to scotch the problem would be simply to terminate this blog and start a new one--but that would just inconvenience those of you who have me in their news feeds. Thanks also to anon who suggested changing my password; I did so and also changed passwords on some other accounts. I don't see that any other account of mine has been corrupted, and changing the PW here didn't help but it was a good idea anyway.

Hey wait folks, there's more: I see that Google is now asking me for a "word verification"--one of those squiggly unreadable things--because I have made too many postings in the past 24 hrs. Well, that's progress of a sort.

No comments: