1. Can you talk about "Mad Men?" Yes.Source: I got this via Kevin Drum, but I bet it will be everywhere tonight.
2. Can you talk about the "The Sopranos?" In great detail.
3. Do you know who replaced Bob Barker on "The Price Is Right?" No clue.
4. Have you watched an Oprah show from beginning to end? Neither beginning nor ending nor middle, except by accident flipping channels..
5. Can you hold forth animatedly about yoga? No.
5. How about pilates? No..
5. How about skiing? Sadly, No.
6. Mountain biking? I've owned mountain bikes, but never biked up a mountain.
7. Do you know who Jimmie Johnson is? No idea.
8. Does the acronym MMA mean nothing to you? Um, Museum of Modern Art? Mennonite Mutual Aid? Massachusetts Maritime Academy?
9. Can you talk about books endlessly? I do--whether I can may be another story.
10. Have you ever read a "Left Behind" novel? No, but I keep telling myself I should.
11. How about a Harlequin romance? Define "Harlequin." Does Pride and Prejudice count? How about Larry Block's lesbian porn?
12. Do you take interesting vacations? Interesting to me, anyway.
13. Do you know a great backpacking spot in the Sierra Nevada? Used to know several.
14. What about an exquisite B&B overlooking Boothbay Harbor? Nope. I stayed at the Susse Chalet 40 miles away.
15. Would you be caught dead in an RV? Nope. Not opposed as a matter of principle, mainly damn glad I don't have to worry about the maintenance.
16. Would you be caught dead on a cruise ship? Well, define cruise ship. I took a tour once on a sailing vessel.
17. Have you ever heard of of Branson, Mo? Yes.
18. Have you ever attended a meeting of a Kiwanis Club? Yes--In my newspaper days, quite a few..
19. How about the Rotary Club? Same Answer.
20. Have you lived for at least a year in a small town? Define "small." I lived in Bedford, NH, until I was 17, And for a couple of years in Washington CH, Ohio.
21. Have you lived for a year in an urban neighborhood in which most of your neighbors did not have college degrees? If Palookaville is "urban," I suspect I live in one now.
22. Have you spent at least a year with a family income less than twice the poverty line? Yep.
23. Do you have a close friend who is an evangelical Christian? Close? No. Civil speaking terms, yes.
24. Have you ever visited a factory floor? Yes.
25. Have you worked on one? No.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
How Pleb Are You?
Proving once again that nothing fascinates a person than himself, I will take the How Pleb Are You? Quiz and tell you more than you want to know about me: