Saturday, November 27, 2010

Today's One-liner

This is one of the true benefits of having a brain tumor.  Everyone wants to hear what you have to say.
Former Wall Street bond salesman Gordon Murray, dying of brain cancer,  who is spending his finite hours writing a book of investment advice.  (Link).  The secret?  Apparently "mutual funds, diversify."  Making Murray, as ron Lieber says "one of the highest-ranking Wall Street veterans to take back much of what he and his colleagues worked for during their careers."

Aftherthought:  Makes me remember my sometimes friend Arthur Leff, master one-linerist who died many years ago, way too young.  Leff had cancer and he knew it was terminal but it was weirdly asymptomatic.  He also had phlebitis which hurt like hell.  He told (I hear second hand) his colleague Harry Wellington: Goddamit Harry, not only am I dying but I'm sick.

No comments: