Saturday, January 08, 2011

Today's Number: 18 Percent

The Economist reports that "82% of senior California Highway Patrol officers discover a disabling injury about a year before they retire."  I want to know about the other 18 percent: are the the Quixotes of good  behavior, still tilting at the windmill of corruption in a fallen world?  Or are they bureaucratic nominees for a Darwin award, not even competent enough for a dab of mainstream corruption?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All air force generals are on flight pay during their last year of service and then retire on disabilty. Same with firemen and police. It is a grand tradition. You don't have anything against tradition do you?