Friday, February 18, 2011

Down the Backstretch

Well, who'd have guessed?  No one will be more surprised than I but I reach the three-quarter post today--my 75th birthday.  I hardly expected to be alive at this age, saying nothing of solvent and healthy.   A nice wife helps promote the general mood of gemütlichkeit.  More, they still pay me to yell at 25-year-olds, and how cool is that?

Afterthought: But I remember now that the "happiest age" is supposed to be 74.  Uh oh.


Further Afterthought:

Solon: Count no man fortunate until he is dead.

Buce: Shut up, Solon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy day! Thanks for your blog.

Anonymous said...

Happy day from Germany, too. Where did you find the "ü" on your keyboard?

Buce said...

Well, ü found it on yours, not so? For me, the most convenient way is to cut-and-paste from the Wiki definition. Helped me a lot last summer when I was reporting from Łódź.

Toni said...

Happy Birthday my friend.

Michael Gilleland said...

Ad multos annos!

dilbert dogbert said...

Ha! Beat you there! Many more to you. Thanks for the interesting writing.