Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Most Sensible Thing I Read All Day

From a certain Michael Thomas Brown, unknown to me, commenting at Bruce Bartlett's Facebook page:
The people I know who call themselves libertarian aren't any different than other conservatives, to me. I think they call themselves that so that they can criticize Democrats, but when Republicans screw up, they can just say, "hey, don't blame me, I'm a libertarian."
 Fn,:  I savor the fact that Ron Paul walked away with 41 percent of the vote in America's bureaucratic bedroom.

1 comment:

Ken Houghton said...

As Steve Brust used to observe fairly frequently, a Libertarian is a Republican who uses drugs.

These days, it is necessary to emend that to "a Ford-era Republican who does drugs." (Or, for those who are clueless about his legacy as Governor of New York, "Rockefeller-Era.")