Tuesday, November 06, 2012

The Mullah Caucus Goes Down

Re the Senate--may I note, not only that the numbers look impressive for the Democrats, but that they took down several of the most unattractive Republican alternatives?   What I hear, George Allen (VA), Richard Mourdock (IN) and Todd Akin (MO) all got the hook and to my taste it couldn't have happened to three more deserving guys.  Yes, I'm pleased that Tammy Baldwin (WI) and Elizabeth Warren (MA) both walked off with the prize, but admit it folks--in neither case was the Republican alternative quite as ugly as the other three.

And FWIW, I can't get all that worked up about Bob Kerrey (NE).  He's an interesting, original, quirky guy, but you shouldn't be able to parachute back into your past like that, and he didn't.

Update:  Oh, and Joe Walsh, remember him?  Loses to Tammy Duckworth.  A Hawaiian-Indonesian in Washington how cool is that?

Update II:  Oh, and Alan West.  Somehow I never got my mind round the idea that he was a Congressman to begin with.  Nor did he, so far as I can tell. 

No comments: