Monday, March 10, 2008

A Little Previous, Perhaps?

The first headline I saw (from the NYT Website) said:

Spitzer Is Linked to Prostitution Ring

Link. From which I inferred he was the king of brothel keepers. But the lede says:

Gov. Eliot Spitzer has been caught on a federal wiretap arranging to meet with a high-priced prostitute at a Washington hotel last month,

Which is rather a different matter, not so? I mean, I have no particular sympathy with this guy--I sign on with Yglesias here--but what's with the headline writer? Incompetence? Or malice?

And BTW, what is the FBI doing engaging in a high-end prostitution sting? Didn't I hear Director Robert Mueller crying all over the table in the Senate hearing room last week about how the FBI doesn't have the money to chase anybody but terrorists (and fn, yes I assume it is a violation of the Mann Act).

BTW, I guess it is bad form to kidnap an NYT picture, but follow the link and take a look at the, um, person on the left, for a glimpse of the toughest job in politics, AKA "Stand By Your Man." I guess you could also say that the fellow on the right is living proof that having a perfect score on your SAT does not insulate you against thinking with your tackle.

H/T: Ignoto.

Fn.: Summary opinion of the day: "Electricians know better than to stick a fork in a toaster" (link).

No comments: