Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Back from Computer Hell Purgatory

Bleah, that was tiring--I spent most of the day trying to disentangle myself from a particularly unfreindly little piece of malware called, I think, AntiVrius 2008 which seems to have trotted in last night on the heels of a CNN download and spent interminable hours telling me I wanted to pay beaucoup bucks to buy their product. Yes, I do have security but it wiggled its way in anyway somehow. It eluded several protection programs but Sophos finally put it in quarantine from where, it is piously to be hoped, I can boot it into outer space.

Update: Ooow! Looks like i got nailed by a real one. [Q--How could be so stupid? A--Oh, get off your high horse, something will catch you someday, too. Anyway, this one was really good.]

No comments: