Saturday, February 10, 2007

Amazon Reviews

A few years ago before I discovered blogging, I wrote some Amazon reviews. I seem to have put that enterprise on the shelf, at least for now, but they are all still there. I am "Reader7777"--not my nom de blog, and not my CIA name--just a tag that Amazon assigned me and that I found faintly amusing and in any event, easy to remember. I have resisted Amazon's entreaties to post my real name--somewhat unaccountably, because my cover isn't very deep: anybody who cares can find me in a heartbeat, but who cares?

It is inevitably baffling what gets a good response and what does not. I'm glad I got my highest number of votes for Thucydides, still can't figure out why I got so many favorable votes for Brian Magee on Schopenhauer (and what was it I said that chuffed that guy about Herodotus--posted the same day as the Thouk?). Anyway, enjoy. They may not be there for more than another millennium.

No comments: