Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Whew, That's Over

Ah, survived another Christmas. Never my best day, don't ask, but in any event, I don't have to face it again for another year. Well actually, we are booked disport ourselves with a couple of sets of grandchildren later in the week, but that part is fun and easy.

The really fun part so far was a basket of overnight goodies form Zabar's--too much for just the two of us, so we had to dragoon some friends. Salmon, coffee, rugulah, that sort of stuff. I tell you (and they do not pay me for this)--it's pricy, but good.

Mrs. B and I succeeded in giving each other the same book only once--The Rest is Noise, by Alex Ross, on 20th Century music. I think she almost doubled me with James L. Kugel's How to Read the Bible, but she backed off and opted for John H. Walton, Ancient Near Eastern Thought and the Old Testament, which she found on my Amazon wish list. Yes, that's a lot of religion for a pagan household, but we try to operate on a broad spectrum.

She also fitted me out with a fistful of cards like the picture at left. Without comment. I guess I have to interpret this for myself.

No comments: