Saturday, January 05, 2008

Comcast: Say Again?

We still don't have cable. I set up that chat with Comcast (link) and learned (duh!) that the whole neighborhood was down, and they wouldn't take any specific service requests until they got the system back on line. But then I got this from the online techie:
If service is out for more than 24 hours please contact us when service is restored to receive proper credit for the issue.

Say again? He'd just told me that everybody's service was out. Are we all going to have to contact Comcast, or not get a rebate?

Yes, I understand, it is only for my protection. After all, wouldn't want me to suffer a rebate forced on me against my will, now would we?

Tech footnote: That queue for online chat--took me about three hours. But it really wasn't a problem. I suppose I had a bit of compassion for them because I knew we were having a meltdown. So I just kept the screen open and did other stuff (I even carried the laptop out to the garage and let it sit beside the exercise bike). I must say, I much prefer it to online hold. You don't have to listen to elevator music, and you don't have to be insulted by that voice that keeps telling you how important your call is. And you can see where you stand in the the queue. I guess the only downside is that I did have to keep one eye on the queue screen: might help if they could ring a little bell or some such when I finally near to getting on.

No comments: