Friday, July 18, 2008

I Cried Because I Had No Shoes ...

...until I met a Wall Street Journal reporter, trying to fight the loonies in the airline business in the company of a three-year-old and an infant:

I'm betting those speculators at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange were behind the retention of that counter agent who recently placed me, my 3-year-old and my infant in completely different rows for a cross-country flight, instructing me to "sort it out at the gate." The CME undoubtedly also hired the gate agent who told me to "fix it on the plane." Ditto the stewardess who yelled at me for not dealing with this problem before I boarded and then ordered a dozen people to shift seats, delaying our departure. Not that it mattered, since we sat on the runway for two hours.

HT Carpe Diem.

No comments: