Monday, June 25, 2012

You Pays Your Money....

My friend John has been tracking headlines on the Supreme's immigration coverage.   Here's the best pairing:   


So the Wall Street Journal.  Compare HuffPost:


 There are others.  Via Politico, I see that Governor Brewer calls it a 'victory,' i.e., for the Arizona statute, but I can't for the life of me see how she gets to that.  Apparently AZ can ask you for proof of status, as part of an otherwise lawful stop. But they can't put you in jail if you don't have it on you, so where's the fun?  Way I see it, they left the Governor with nothing but a thong.

Followup: I see Dellinger agrees

Followup II:  But Frum thinks it "Solomonic."  I'm a Frum fan, but this time he's smokin' dope.

 

1 comment:

Robert John said...

Brewer in a thong. Horrible imagery.